Detail Bug Privacy Notice
This notice explains how Detail Bug uses and protects the personal information that it holds about customers and persons who contact us. Contact details for us are set out in the site terms and conditions and at the end of this notice should you wish to contact us.
Detail Bug is run as a sole trader business and it is the sole trader who is the "controller" for the purpose of data protection laws. The data protection laws referred to are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective from 25 May 2018.
You should share this notice with your family or friends where you have provided personal information about them such as residence and address.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information means information that identifies (or could, with other information aid in identifying) an individual. This includes any information provided to us by or on behalf of you.
What Types of Personal Information Might We Hold About You?
We will collect and process certain information that you provide to us in order to conduct business. This information is provided to us from you through the website, contact forms, payment services or direct contact.
We may hold and process any of the following about you:
· Your Name
· Contact Email
· Contact Phone Number
· Address & Postcode
· The Types of products you buy or services you have carried out
· Information Provided to us via Payment Services such as PayPal
· Details about your car such as make, model and registration plate
· Company or Business names
Why Do We Hold This Information?
We hold this information as it helps form a contract between us and the customer in order to conduct lawful business. Without this information we cannot provide the service. We do not require any other personal information (such as gender, age, financial details etc) other than the above as it is not required by us and we will not ask you for it.
We use your name and contact details for the purpose of sending communications to you.
Using Your Information in accordance with Data Protection Law
We will keep the amount of personal information collected and the extent of any processing to the minimum. We do not hold "sensitive" or " special categories" of personal information.
What We Do With The Information
We use your personal information for:
· Administration purposes.
· Calculating returns or refunds of products or services
· To notify you if we must cancel a product or service agreement
· To notify you of any changes to a product or service
· To comply with demands or requests made by any relevant regulators, government departments, law and tax enforcement authorities or in connection with disputes or court cases
· In connection with any sale of products
· In connection with any service you use us for
How long do we keep your information for?
We hold your information on our systems for as long as is necessary for us to provide our products or services to your expectations.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
Where appropriate or required we may share your personal information with any or none of the following and only as required in order to conduct business:
· Royal Mail & Other Courier Service Providers
· Any Person who is Authorised to act on your behalf
· Regulators, Government Departments, Law enforcement authorities, tax authorities or insurance companies
· Any relevant dispute resolution body or the courts.
· Persons in connection with any sale, merger or acquisition of the business
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you will be stored inside the UK or European Economic Area (EEA)
However if you live or work outside the UK or the EEA we may need to transfer your personal data outside the of the UK or EEA to respond to any queries you may have. We take all steps as reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Your Rights in Relation To Your Personal Information
The accuracy of the information we hold about you is important to us. If any of the information is inaccurate or out of date please let us know using our contact details.
You have a number of rights under Data Protection Laws in relation to the way we process data such as:
· To access your data
· To have your data changed or rectified
· To have your data removed or deleted in certain circumstances
· To restrict how we process your data
· To object to direct marketing
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us
We aim to respond to any request received from you within one month from your request. Access to your data is free.
If you are not happy with the way in which your personal information is held or processed please contact us using the information below. You also have the right to complain about data protection matters to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
This Privacy Notice is current as of 25 May 2018. We may change the notice at any time.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or wish to execute any of the rights above please contact:
62 Dol Eithin
For general terms and conditions click below.